Willard F Harley helps couples understand why their best intentions are not enough to prevent marital incompatibility.
Ignorance often contributes to a couple’s failure to care for each other. Men tend to try to meet needs that they value and women do the same. But their needs are often very different and they waste effort trying to meet the wrong needs.
The right needs are so strong that when they’re not met in marriage, people are tempted to go outside marriage to satisfy them. Harley describes the ten emotional needs of men and women. He helps you identify which are the most important to you and your spouse, helps you communicate them to each other, and helps you learn to meet them.
His Needs, Her Needs was written to educate you in the care of your spouse. Once you have learned its lessons, your spouse will find you irresistible, a condition that’s essential to a happy and successful marriage. It will also help you eliminate the major cause of infidelity.
- The first thing he can’t do without – sexual fulfillment
- He needs her to be his playmate – recreational companionship
- He needs a good-looking wife – an attractive spouse
- He needs peace and quiet – domestic support
- He needs her to be proud of him – admiration
- The first thing she can’t do without – affection
- She needs him to talk to her – conversation
- She needs to trust him totally – honesty
- She needs enough money to live comfortably – financial support
- She needs him to be a good father – family commitment