- Walking on Eggshells
- Too Many Encounters with Men and Women in White
- Crowdfunded Products? Thanks, but No Thanks!
- Close, but no Cigar!
- Smarty-pants Not Wanted on This Planet
- A Pipe Made by Two (no, not a Bicycle Built For Two)
- Bovine Scatologists and Trumpet Blowers Galore at Bullshit Central
- Grab Crab: May the Bleeding Hearts Cry! And for Rabbits Too!
- Diwali Debacle
- Rare Japanese Lacquer Pipes
Monthly Archives: February 2019
A conversation with Lohcifer Interviewer: Lohcifer, why are you interested in this topic? Are you in the tobacco business? Lohcifer: I am an occasional pipe and cigar smoker. I do not smoke cigarettes. I am not a scientist, scholar, advocate, … Continue reading
Today I turn 62. Over the past week or so, and in this and the coming weeks, I have been hosted and will be hosted to several so-called birthday meals in my honor. Except for two occasions, nobody has asked … Continue reading
These days I live in fear. I barricade myself at home. I make sure all the lights are off. I want to give the impression that no one’s in. I dread hearing my doorbell ring. I jump out of my … Continue reading
In this shallow world we live in, if you are a billionaire, people will line up to smell your farts. If you have the money to act in your own kung fu flick or ride around on a motorbike or … Continue reading
David returned from Indonesia last month with some Indonesian pipe tobacco and I sampled a couple. Hidden Dragon Tambolaka tobacco (above) from Indonesia is typically released to the market only after at least five years of tedious aging; that is, … Continue reading