Glad to be back.
Hope to see you here every Monday.
Have decided to do away with pictures, unless they are abso-fucking-lutely necessary to illustrate something. The search for copyright-free useable pictures takes up more time than I’m willing to spend.
Anyway, I “hibernated” to write a book. It will be launched this month.
Now, a quick recap of 2021; the past year in a nutshell:
- Osteoarthritis of left hip diagnosed in February, had to use a cane but finally weaned off it in November
- did three rounds of lectures at the uni, made some moolah
- PH left Singapore, then out of sight out of mind; disappointing behavior indeed
- I brought LAS’ book to fruition
- PC left Guadalajara and settled in Corvallis, Oregon
- I reconnected with a very broken and wounded ST who got what she wanted out of me and conveniently disappeared again; well, when people need help, they know how to track you down, and when you have outlived your usefulness, they know how to become scarce; so, no expectation, no disappointment
- savored butter coffee at Heap Seng Leong for old times’ sake, fuck cholesterol!
- met the brilliant Prof RP; if all young people are like him, there is hope for humanity
- SN went back to her country, then vanished, only to send a cryptic message, and a ravishingly glam photo months later, and then started communicating (meaning flirting) with me almost weekly
- I enjoyed – to my surprise –The Thousand Crimes of Ming Tsu
- JL got married to a great gal
- QN lost VDN 700,000,000 to a scammer (“cheated my money, cheated my feelings”)
- RSY told me of his MSA diagnosis; I informed RL, but not a pip squeak from him; what a sympathetic fella
- totally unhinged mother-fucking village retard emerged to roil our neighborhood with his banging and knocking during odd hours of the day and night; if people don’t hang for murder, I would have killed the bastard myself, anyway, plans are afoot to inflict on this fucktard a hammerblow, eliminating this pest and sending him to burn in hell for all eternity
- sadly, nice neighbor GBL passed away; those who ought to die don’t die, those who deserve to live long lives, die prematurely, and they tell me there is a god in heaven
- I wasted money on the worst James Bond movie ever
- MA moved to New York due to family issues; heard he’s coming back though
- SC got pregnant – finally, and via IVF – only to suffer a miscarriage; sad!
- enjoyed dinner for two at Odette that cost almost 2k (three Michelin stars, Best Restaurant in Singapore, #2 in 2021’s list of Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants and #8 in 2021’s list of World’s 50 Best Restaurants, blah, blah, blah) luckily I wasn’t the one paying
- a happy reunion with TGB after 40 years; but his constant spouting of religious mumbo jumbo can be annoying; lots of friends my age have suddenly become religious, what the fuck!? Face to face with mortality or what?
And what a year!
I didn’t die.
That’s the main thing.
More next Monday.
That is, if I haven’t croaked before that.